QUIDs Shopping Vouchers
QUIDS SHOPPING VOUCHERS
What are QUIDs?
From grocery stores to fashion shops, hotels and restaurants, home heating fuel and to golf-clubs, QUIDs are shopping vouchers that can be spent in participating business across Tullamore. This also includes locally-owned shops and businesses and national retailers like Tesco, Centra, Woodies, Argos and more, see list on website and other may accept them as well, just ask.
Small Benefit Exemption Scheme
Under the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme, employers can give QUIDs up to a maximum of €500 per employee (since Oct 22, 2015) as one-off benefit in a tax year without incurring liability for Income Tax, USC or PRSI (Employers or employee).
Local employers have driven the success of QUIDs since their introduction in several years ago. We would hugely welcome your support for this scheme. Company directors/small business owners – rewards yourself too!
No Fees or Commissions
There are no commissions, fees, no charges whatsoever to businesses purchasing or redeeming QUIDs.
Reward Your Staff with up-to €500 Tax-Free in QUID shopping vouchers. QUIDS are issued in €20 and €50 denominations. A great alternative to cash when it comes to birthday and wedding gifts and of course Christmas presents.
Introduced in 2008, by Tullamore Chamber of Commerce and Tullamore Credit Union the QUIDs scheme allows employers to exploit Revenue’s Small Benefit Exemption Scheme to reward their staff tax free.
OVER €145,000 vouchers sold in 2019, and from introduction to date, QUIDs to the value of over €700,000 have been purchased by local employers to reward their staff, helping us to promote and protect local employment.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE PROCESS OF BUYING/REDEEMING QUIDS
- QUID vouchers can be spent like money in shops, restaurants and businesses all over Tullamore who wish to participate in the Tullamore & District Chamber of Commerce Shopping voucher scheme, indeed any outlet that accepts cash should accept QUIDS too.
- Businesses/Members of the public can purchase QUIDS by contacting the Chamber office email@example.com Tel. 057-9323698. https://www.tullamorechamber.com/what-we-do/tullamore-voucher-scheme. Also on general public sale from Dolans Pharmacy, William St, Tullamore.
- A customer does not have to spend the full value of the voucher in one transaction. If there is a balance of more than €1 on a gift voucher, the business should refund you the difference in one of the following ways:
– Electronic transfer (debit/credit card)
– Another gift voucher (the expiry date will be the same as the original voucher or 5 years from the issue date)
N.B. It is up to the business which method of refund they use.
- Businesses accepting QUIDS can redeem vouchers for cash/cheque at Tullamore Credit Union and do not need to be an account holder with the Credit Union nor a member of the Tullamore Chamber.
- QUID voucher are valid for 5 years from issue/purchase date.
- QUID vouchers are stamped with an issue/purchase date: